Posted by Admin
| 2 years ago | Filed Under Finding A Job
Proper Interview conduct has grown into a compulsory skill to acquire if one is to stand a good chance of getting employed. There is never a second chance to make a great first impression and for this reason, we decided to compile in one piece, different interview tips we recently posted via our social handles (@yblnigeria).
Even the smartest and most qualified job seekers need to prepare for job interviews as years of experience or the best degrees might get you an interview appointment but may not land you that dream job.
Study these ten tips to enhance your interview skills and feel free to include yours in the comments section below as we would love to hear from you:
- Before any interview do a proper research about the company and the requirements of your job.
- Review Common Interview Questions and Prepare Responses: practice your answer to common interview Questions like, why should we hire you?
- Better you overdress than underdress for a job interview. Dress appropriately to any interview.
- Arrive at least 30mins earlier than the time scheduled for your interview in order to have more time to settle in.
- Make good first impressions: Be polite and offer warm greetings to everyone you meet, from parking attendant or receptionist to the hiring manager.
- While waiting for your interviews, use your time judiciously by familiarising yourself with your documents.
- Avoid Bad habits like slouching, looking off in the distance, playing with pen, fidgeting in chair, brushing back hair, touching face, chewing gum, mumbling.
- Be authentic and respond as truthful as you can to interview questions.
- Ask the interviewer your own set questions regarding your position and the company. This makes the interview more conversational than interrogative.
- Always ensure your thank your interviewer in person & email after your interview.
For more interview conduct tips, read more in our article by clicking the link below- Proper job interview etiquette: http://www.yblnigeria.com/community/blogs/blog.php?id_blg=10