Posted by Admin
| 5 years ago | Filed Under Finding A Job
Having put you through on how to build a good working relationship with your colleagues at work; it is important that we quickly put you through certain Office manners which will be useful to you.
You may probably be tired of these rules but remember that it is imperative for you to have a good working relationship with your colleagues while also carrying out your daily duties. With no further ado, here are twelve work etiquettes compiled just for you:
- Chewing gum and popping bubble gum in the presence of co-workers or while attending to customers is neither cool nor dignified.
- Wear appropriate office attire, do not come with a native attire on a Monday or a flipflop to work just because you feel cool with it on a certain day. Adhere strictly to your office rules.
- Be neat, clean and as conservative as the business requires you to be. Take good care of yourself and use a suitable deodorant. A neat person attracts customers and even your colleagues. No colleague of yours would want to stay with someone who breeds an odour of another dimension. Be neat at all times.
- Cover up your tattoos and body piercing just in case you have one on you. The office place is not a place for show-offs at least not tattoos.
- Be honest. It is important that you present yourself as an honest person, do not inflate figures when in charge of handling a project; it is part of the etiquettes too.
- Manners extend to the kitchen: If you didn’t place it in the fridge, then do not eat it. In case you bring something in for yourself, do not keep it there for days and if it is something to share with others, let them know.
- Be respectful and courteous at all times and with everybody. Therefore, treat your co-workers, cleaners, maintenance people and others with respect and courtesy.
- Keep your interruptions of others to a minimum and always apologise if your intrusion is an interruption of a discussion, someone’s concentration or other activity.
- Show appreciation for the slightest courtesies extended to you.
- Say, “Please; Thank you; You’re welcome”, as part of your everyday courtesy.
- Don’t gossip about any co-worker’s private life. Remember that you are here to work, you have a responsibility don’t you? Now face it and get to work.
More on work etiquettes to come up on our next post.